On Friday afternoon, the Detroit Lions announced their training camp schedule for practices open to the public. Between practices open to just season ticket holders and fully-open practices, the Lions will have a total of 11 sessions that will be open to fans.
Perhaps more notably, the Lions’ schedule confirms that Detroit will have joint practices with the New England Patriots in the lead up to their Week 1 preseason game against the defending Super Bowl champions. All three of those practices will be open to the public, though one is just for season-ticket holders. Here’s a full look at the dates:
Full 2019 @RocketMortgage Training Camp details: https://t.co/R759SkkGPX pic.twitter.com/fslb6Zbgf8— Detroit Lions (@Lions) June 14, 2019
In text form:
- Thursday, July 25, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Friday, July 26, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Saturday, July 27, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Sunday, July 28, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Tuesday, July 30, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, July 31, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Thursday, August 1, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Sunday, August 4, 9:30 a.m. ET*
Patriots joint practices
- Monday, August 5, 9:30 a.m. ET*
- Tuesday, August 6, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, August 7, 9:30 a.m. ET
*Denotes practices for season-ticket holders only
For more information on how to attend training camp and the specific rules, head over to the Detroit Lions’ official training camp page.
UPDATE: Based on the team’s website, there is also an additional practice on Friday, August 2 at 5:30 p.m. at Ford Field.
UPDATE 2: It appears this Ford Field practice is not yet completely confirmed.
Lions say that Ford Field practice is not set in stone yet. If it happens, though, it'll be that day— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) June 14, 2019
UPDATE 3: The Lions’ first training camp practice is now open to the public, not just season-ticket holders.