Last week was short of Detroit Lions news. And by “short,” I mean completely devoid of anything. The players are mostly vacationing or spending valuable time with family. There haven’t been any movements on holdouts or contract extensions. And all seems quiet on the front of the Lions’ currently-open 90th spot on the roster.
So this week on the PODcast, we are lamenting the end of the Lions 2018 season—which decisively happened in Week 8. Their loss to the Seattle Seahawks seemingly led to the subsequent trade of Golden Tate a few days later and... well we all know what happened next. We discuss whether the Tate trade was the right move, now with the benefit of hindsight, as well as discuss the start of bad Matthew Stafford.
Of course, t’is the season of lists. So this week we move to edge defenders. Does Trey Flowers make our list? This week, we had 10 writers/contributors submit their ballot to LISTCAST (you can view all the individual submissions here). Our PODcast will count down the master list of the top 10 edge defenders for the 2019 season.
- Way Back takes us to Lions vs. Seahawks. Did Seattle expose the Lions as frauds?
- The Lions secondary had major issues vs. Russell Wilson. Are they fixed now?
- Golden Tate trade revisited: Right move? Giving up on the season? The crew debates if Detroit’s bold trade was ultimately worth it.
- LISTCAST: Will Trey Flowers make our top-10 list of edge defenders?
- The NFC North is STACKED with pass rushers.
- Mailbag discusses the origin of the PODcast, makes Week 1 predictions, and lists the best five free agency signings/trades in Lions history.