Of all the positions in football, it seems cornerback is the most volatile. One year, a player could be unanimously viewed as the top corner in the league. The next year, he may be completely off the radar.
So that makes the PODcast crew’s job pretty difficult this week, as we count down the top 10 cornerbacks in the NFL for the 2019 season. SPOILER: Darius Slay makes the list, but how high do we put him after a down year in 2018? Listen to this week’s episode to find out. (You can view each of our individual ballots here)
Additionally, we have to talk Glover Quin, who announced his retirement from the NFL last week. And we also tackle the Lions’ second quarter of the season. Can the Lions keep their head above water long enough to get to the easy part of the schedule.
All that and more on this week’s episode!
This week on the PODcast:
- Glover Quin retires. What is his legacy in the NFL and with the Detroit Lions?
- Sending our best wishes to Jim Caldwell, an extremely rare successful coach for the Lions.
- Looking at the Lions’ post-bye schedule.
- Will the Lions be able to win in primetime at Lambeau? Can their offense finally crack the Vikings defense? How big of a mess will the Raiders and Giants be by Weeks’ 7 and 8?
- Those first six games look daunting. Is 1-5 a realistic worst-case scenario?
- LISTCAST! Ranking the top 10 NFL cornerbacks. Where does Darius Slay rank? How about other NFC North corners? Why is this list so variable from year to year?
- Mailbag talks dismembering body parts for Super Bowls, 18-game schedules and the RETURN OF CAR TALK!