When the Detroit Lions first announced their 2019 training camp schedule, the first practice was set to only be available to media and season-ticket holders. On Thursday, the Lions announced a change. That practice will now be completely open to the public:
You need not RSVP. You need not purchase a ticket. Simply show up to Allen Park—ideally early enough to guarantee a spot (gates open at 8:30 a.m. ET)—and enjoy the show!
And for those season-ticket holders that already RSVP’d for the opening day of camp, the Lions haven’t forgotten about you. There will be reserved seating available for season-ticket holders available until 10 a.m. ET.
If you want more information on how to visit training camp, the Lions website has a list of frequently asked questions that should have you covered.
As a reminder, here are the full dates of open practices for Lions training camp (gates open at 8:30 a.m. ET each day)
- Thursday, July 25, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Friday, July 26, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Saturday, July 27, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Sunday, July 28, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Tuesday, July 30, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, July 31, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Thursday, August 1, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Sunday, August 4, 9:30 a.m. ET*
Patriots joint practices
- Monday, August 5, 9:30 a.m. ET*
- Tuesday, August 6, 9:30 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, August 7, 9:30 a.m. ET
*Only available for season-ticket holders