It’s officially Detroit Lions training camp week, and for many fans that means it’s their first opportunity to get a glance at the 2019 team. It’s a big year for the franchise—or it better be—seeing as Matt Patricia’s honeymoon season is over. The culture change has now had over a year to take effect, and now expectations grow as the Lions roster looks deeper.
There are still plenty of questions to be answered about this team. Some we may get answered in the next few weeks, others will take months to resolve. But this week on the PODcast, we talk about the three biggest storylines and questions we have going into camp, and where we think things stand currently.
Will Damon Harrison and Darius Slay get deals done before practice? How will the secondary and offensive line unfold? Are we in for a rebound season for Matthew Stafford and how will he react to yet another offensive scheme change?
After that, it’s LISTCAST time. This week: running backs. We’ve got a new No. 1, but did Kerryon Johnson crack our list this year?
All of that and more on this week’s episode of the PODcast!
This week on the PODcast:
- TRAINING CAMP PREVIEW BLOWOUT
- What positions are coming with the biggest questions?
- CB2: The biggest training camp battle? Can Teez Tabor keep the hype going?
- How likely is it for Slay and Harrison to continue their holdout into the preseason? Regular season?
- So many questions on the offensive line: Frank Ragnow as a center, [fill in the blank] at left guard, will Taylor Decker rebound as a left tackle?
- TOP 10 RUNNING BACKS LISTCAST! We’ve got a new No. 1. Is Todd Gurley still a top-three running back? Where does Kerryon Johnson land? (You can view our individual ballots here)
- Mailbag cuts the cheese, talks black Lions uniforms, and conspiracy theories.