It’s been a hell of a week full of ups and downs for Detroit Lions fans. The holdouts of Darius Slay and Damon Harrison Sr. ended with a whimper, but Trey Flowers landed on PUP and hasn’t come off. The Lions opened training camp, but it has started slow and, at times, a little boring.
Then the Lions signed former Packers DT Mike Daniels and all hell broke loose. T.J. Hockenson started dunking on fools. The pads came on and the intensity of practice came with it. Unfortunately, the week ended with a bunch of injuries, specifically on the defensive front.
So we have a ton to cover on this week’s extra-long PODcast. And to help us cover it all, we brought in special guest Kent Lee Platte of *checks notes* “Pride of Detroit dot com.” He’ll help us cover everything from Week 1 of Lions training camp.
Oh, and we also count down the top 10 quarterbacks for the 2018 season.
You don’t want to miss this episode, and if you do, you’re a jerk.
Subscribe to our podcast on your favorite platforms. Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts| Spotify | Stitcher
This week on the PODcast:
- Mike Daniels <3s Matt Patricia. Maybe Detroit is actually a preferred location for some free agents?
- Was this move a sign that the Lions are making a serious run in 2019?
- Chris has a nerd crush on Daniels.
- Theo Riddick released: What does it mean for Ty Johnson? Was this the right move?
- Kent Lee Platte joins the podcast to talk Week 1 of Lions training camp.
- T.J. Hockenson hype: Real or overreacting to training camp?
- Injury updates from camp: Is the defensive line in trouble already?
- This offense is going to be much, much different under Darrell Bevell.
- QUARTERBACK LISTCAST: The top 10 NFL QBs of 2019. Does Matthew Stafford make the list? Where does Patrick Mahomes land? The age old question: Rodgers or Brady?