This week, the PODcast is moving on from the Way Back Machine. We ran that thing into the ground, and even though there’s two months of the season still left to revisit we’d... well, frankly, we’d rather not.
At this point in the offseason, we’re so close to training camp and the preseason. It’s probably better to look forward than to look back. So this week we debut our Way-Forward Machine, and take a look at the Detroit Lions’ 2019 schedule in quarters.
The Lions kick off the season with a pretty tough schedule. Three out of their first four opponents made the playoffs in 2018, and the other is starting first overall pick Kyler Murray with a brand new head coach. The Lions got off to a rough start last year, are they doomed to do it again?
That’s the main topic on this week’s podcast, as we also bring back LISTCAST for the top 10 wide receivers in the NFL for the 2019 season.
This week on the PODcast:
- Oh god, the Lions play another rookie quarterback in Week 1. How will this year be different going up against the Cardinals and Kyler Murray? The crew discusses.
- Last year, the Lions lost some strange early games, but won some even stranger contests. Do we really know anything about their 2019 opponents or do we just think we do?
- Lions home schedule opens up with Chargers, Chiefs? Uh, yikes.
- LISTCAST CONTINUES: Who are the top 10 wide receivers in the league? (You can see our individual ballots here)
- Is Antonio Brown still a top-three WR? Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins? Who is the best WR in the NFC North?
- Mailbag talks best Faygo flavors, blocking Khalil Mack vs. getting dunked on by Lebron, and under-the-radar Lions players.