The Detroit Lions’ preseason Game 2 started out ominously. After looking extremely outmatched in the preseason opener, the Lions picked up where they left off in the first quarter against the Houston Texans on Saturday night.
But then it all turned around quite quickly. The defense scored the first Lions touchdown of the preseason, David Fales magically turned into a very competent quarterback, and some playmakers on defense emerged.
What does it all mean, though? How concerned should fans be that it took until after the Texans starters were out for the Lions to finally get things going? Or with so many Lions starters sidelined right now, does nothing matter at all? And what the heck is going on with Matthew Stafford?
We answer all those questions, give our winners/losers from Saturday night, and much, much more on this week’s episode of the PODcast.
- The Lions played better, but Jeremy, Chris and special guest Kent Lee Platte explain what to make of Detroit’s first-team performance against the Texans.
- Are the Lions playing with fire by continuing to rest Matthew Stafford in the preseason? We debate.
- Who impressed in preseason Game 2? Who struggled?
- Jeremy rages about the overall philosophy of the team.
- What the hell got into David Fales and how do we make sure it never goes away?
- Mailbag tackles Browns vs. Lions, talks about who will and won’t receive an extension in the next couple weeks and remembers JoJo Wicker.