The signing of Andrew Adams went under the radar last spring. The Detroit Lions went on a spending spree that featured the additions of defensive end Trey Flowers and cornerback Justin Coleman, and the addition of the safety managed to slip between the cracks.
Adam’s has made his presence known recently though, and ESPN’s Michael Rothstein has taken noticed. Rothstein named Adam’s as the team’s training camp MVP on Tuesday, as ESPN beat writers from around the league named a training camp MVP from each team around the league.
Rothstein cites Adam’s ability to generate turnovers, saying:
The Lions signed Adams to a one-year deal this offseason primarily due to his knack for forcing turnovers. And that’s all he’s done during training camp, intercepting at least four passes.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press listed out a few potential options for the team’s backup quarterback situation — which he named on of the worst in the NFL.
- Lions rookie safety Will Harris scored his first ever NFL touchdown in the team’s Week 2 game against the Houston Texans last weekend, and as the Lions’ official PR Twitter account points out, it’s the first fumble return for a touchdown anyone has scored this preseason.
#Lions S Will Harris (@jwillofficial_) is the only player in the @NFL to return a fumble for a TD this preseason. He also became the 1st @Lions player since CB Chris Houston in 2010 to return a preseason fumble for a TD.— Detroit Lions PR (@LionsPR) August 20, 2019
His 10 tackles also tie for 5th among all NFL rookie DBs. pic.twitter.com/83p4WX4kLl
- The Detroit News’ Justin Rogers laid out the murky wide receiver situation the Lions are currently dealing with behind their top three players at the position on Tuesday.
- PFF Fantasy Football listed the most efficient wide receivers on a per route run basis, and former Lions receiver TJ Jones, who recently signed with the New York Giants, came in second.
Yards / route run preseason leaders↙️— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) August 20, 2019
(WRs; min. 10 targets)
PIT - James Washington 4.91
NYG - T.J. Jones 3.47
SEA - Jazz Ferguson 3.39
CLV - Rashard Higgins 3.14
- PFF also named their Top 10 graded players from Week 2 of NFL preseason, and Lions defensive end Romeo Okwara came in at seventh.