With the Detroit Lions’ third preseason game over, things are about to move very fast for the team. Thursday is the preseason finale, Saturday is the cut down deadline to 53 men. The next few days after that, it’s all about scouring the waiver wire for potential additions, and that leads right into game week preparation for the Arizona Cardinals. In a week’s time, all of that will have already happened.
So to recap the loss to the Buffalo Bills and to look ahead to the quick week ahead, the PODcast has convened to cover it all. What is the fallout from the injuries the Lions suffered in Week 3, even if the situation isn’t nearly as serious as originally seemed? Injuries aside, what can you take from the dress rehearsal game?
Then we move ahead to cut day. Who are we certain is on the outside looking in? Who could be a surprise cut? And is there a camp battle happening at running back?
We also provide some advice for Colts fans rightfully mourning the loss of Andrew Luck from Lions fans who know that pain all too well.
This week on the PODcast
- Holy crap that was scary. The crew discusses all the anxiety from the Frank Ragnow Jarrad Davis injuries, and the relief of finding out they weren’t season-ending injuries.
- That being said, these two could still miss playing time. Can the Lions persevere? Is Jahlani Tavai ready? Are we believing in the Jalen Reeves-Maybin hype?
- Is the Lions defense as good as they looked on Friday?
- Some unsolicited advice for Colts fans in this rough time
- CUT DAY PREVIEW: Who is safe? Who is in trouble? Where do the coaches have tough decisions?
- Mailbag identifies what needs to happen for the Lions to finally win the division, the best way to eat an apple, and tries to name this guy: