We’re getting dangerously close to real football. And as we creep closer to the Detroit Lions’ Week 1 matchup against the Arizona Cardinals, the PODcast starts to get down to business. No more predictions. No more top 10 lists to simply fill time. There’s real analysis to be had, and that’s what we’re going to give to you.
This week, we recap a week of Lions training camp practices that concluded with the annual mock game/scrimmage at Ford Field. Given nearly 10 practices, what do we know about the team now? Where does this team appear to be vulnerable? And how much can we actually glean from this team when they’re simply practicing against themselves?
But that’s not the only topic this week, because the Super Bowl champions are in town, and a week of joint practices await. We talk about the value of having the Patriots in town, and what we’re looking for both during practices and the preseason opener.
This week on the PODcast:
- Scrimmage recap!
- What positions have impressed most at camp? Which positions are still in flux?
- How will the Teez Tabor injury affect the cornerback position battle?
- Will any WR emerge as a top backup?
- TIGHT END HYPE. How much is real? How much is just Lions struggling to cover?
- PATRIOTS WEEK!
- What will you be watching for during joint practices/preseason?
- What sort of information can we actually pull from preseason games?
- Mailbag talks Tarantino, using the color black on Lions gear, tipping play, and discuss theories on why Darius Slay and Damon Harrison Sr. were really on the NFI list.