I mean, I guess it makes sense. But did *everyone* have to agree?
Here are five of ‘em:
“Yes, a tie is better than a loss ... but this was still pretty damn bad. The Lions allowed the Cardinals to score 18 unanswered points in the fourth quarter, turning a sure win into a deeply unsatisfying push.”
Sports Illustrated: 24th
“Embarrassing collapse in Arizona, complete with brain-cramp clock management, didn’t do much for Matt Patricia’s reputation.
“Hockenson set a rookie record for yards from a tight end in his debut with a six-catch, 131-yard, one-touchdown effort against Arizona. While it’s usually hard for tight ends to acclimate to the NFL, this is a continuation of what Detroit saw all camp long.”
USA Today: 27th
“OLB Devon Kennard (league-best 3 sacks in opener) quietly becoming nice player under Matt Patricia. Too bad his effort didn’t translate to a W.”
And onto your notes.
- Being the veteran he is, Snacks Harrison made sure to clear the air—he’s got no issues with Kyler Murray per the Detroit Freep Press.
- Freep’s Jeff Seidel has a column on why he believes Matt Patricia still isn’t the right coach for this team.
- I liked Jeff Risdon of The Lions Wire’s list of four things he learned from the game. “How did you spend your Monday afternoon? Probably enjoying life more than I did, for I watched every play of Sunday’s Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals tie. Twice.”
- If you’re interested in hearing the full version of what Patricia has to say about making adjustments for Week 2:
- There’s apparently a Metro Detroit-based Hollywood writer who’s inserting Lions and Michigan references into TV shows.
- Science is cool!
Players and students from Detroit Lions Academy kick off Season Launch Week by building rockets in Allen Park! pic.twitter.com/gDswhQVn2H— Jennifer Hammond (@HammerFox2) September 10, 2019
- One minor transaction note: The Lions released Tre Lamar from reserve/injured on Tuesday.
- Barely related to anything but made me laugh.