The Philadelphia Eagles came into the 2019 season with Super Bowl aspirations. Coming off a decent playoff run last year and coming back with a healthy quarterback and an overall decent roster, the Eagles were expected to not only contend for their division, but potentially make some noise in the postseason again this year.
Philly is off to a promising start at 1-1, but there are reasons for concern, as well. The injury bug has hit the team once again, and their depth—which is notoriously good every year—is already being tested.
So are the Detroit Lions facing off against the Eagles at the exact right time for an upset? Where are the Eagles most vulnerable right now? And what replacement players can the Lions look to exploit this week?
Those are the kind of questions we asked Bleeding Green Nation’s Michael Kist as he joined us on our mini First Byte preview podcast this week.
This week on First Byte
- Recapping the Eagles offseason. The Eagles are preparing for the future, but did they do enough for the present?
- The Eagles have a massive injury list: Who’s likely to play, who isn’t? And what backups should Lions fans keep an eye on?
- Jim Schwartz’s defense is crazy aggressive and Brandon Graham is a beast. Can the Lions’ pass protection hold up for another week?
- Carson Wentz is a wizard, but can he lift up a group of backup skill players?
- Michael is hoping the Eagles stay far away from Darius Slay.
- Is the Eagles -7 line a little too high?
- Ryan, Jeremy and Michael make their predictions for Week 3.