It was quite the weekend for Detroit sports teams!
The three professional teams with games on Sunday all managed to pull off a win. First the Detroit Lions took down the Philadelphia Eagles 27-24 on the road, then the Tigers beat the Chicago White Sox 6-3 at Comerica Park, and then the Red Wings beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 in overtime in their fourth preseason game at Little Caesars Arena.
The Lions’ social team made sure the world took note:
Honorable mention (because it was on Saturday), Detroit City Football Club’s game against the New York Cosmos ended in a 1-1 draw. The Boys in Rouge are also undefeated.
Onto the rest of your notes:
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press explains why the Lions should trade for Jalen Ramsey. In case you missed it from last week, our own Mansur Shaheen and Ryan Mathews pleaded their cases for Ramsey, too.
- From Philly writers: 7 thoughts on the Eagles lost from Brandon Lee Gowton with Bleeding Green Nation, 5 reasons why the Eagles lost by Paul Domowitch from The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein on why Marvin Jones’ re-emergence means good things for Detroit’s offense.
- Haha! The Lions throwing some shade at PFF for their Sunday picks.
- This was from Friday but I just stumbled upon it. PFF listed what they think is each quarterback’s biggest weakness.
- Let’s see how Local Philly Hero is taking the Eagles’ loss to the Lions:
The most Philly soundbite goes to this guy who helped catch children thrown from a window during a fire. pic.twitter.com/3rH69gU2fL— Steve Lindsay CBS (@SteveLindsayCBS) September 23, 2019
- This was a fun piece from Birkett, who asked a bunch of Lions players the name of the last book they read.
- Hear what Jamal Agnew had to say about his 100-yard kickoff TD: