As the Detroit Lions begin to fill out their coaching staff, the next stage of the offseason will begin. Sure, there’s the Senior Bowl, which the Lions will have the honor of coaching the North team, giving them a slight advantage for scouting players in the 2020 NFL Draft. But shortly thereafter it’s free agency time, and the Lions have a lot of interesting choices facing them.
In total, the Lions have 19 free agents. Obviously, they aren’t going to want to keep all of them considering their 3-12-1 season, but there are at least a handful of players worth handing a new contract to. So on this week’s PODcast we play a new game show regarding these upcoming free agents: “Low ball, let walk or re-sign?”
On this week’s episode, we also talk about new special teams coordinator Brayden Coombs and give our thoughts on more defensive coordinator candidates—a conversation now rendered obsolete by the Lions’ hiring of Cory Undlin. But just fast forward those parts and listen to the rest of this week’s episode:
- Initial thoughts on the hiring of special teams coordinator Brayden Coombs.
- Another outside hire: yay!
- We discuss the best moments from the Divisional Round of the playoffs, and
go through some possible candidates from the losing teams that could be the next Lions defensive coordinator.
- Did the Lions make a mistake passing on MIke Vrabel? Can you blame them for the decision at the time?
- GAME SHOW: Low ball, let walk or re-sign! We determine the fate of several Lions free agents.
- How much is too much for Graham Glasgow?
- Mailbag put the Lions players in a draft, recounts the best and worst free agent signings of the past decade, and refuses to give up desserts for a playoff win.
Download and subscribe to the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.