We’re just over two weeks away from Super Bowl LIV, but for 28 teams—including the Detroit Lions—focus is on Super Bowl LV. Fan bases around the world are in “next year is our year” mode, and so Vegas, in order to fill the insatiable needs of sports bettors around the world, already has odds for the 2021 Super Bowl.
It should come as no surprise that BetOnline.ag gives the Detroit Lions the longest odds to win the Super Bowl, currently set at 100-to-1. They aren’t alone at the bottom, with the Bengals, Dolphins and Washington all sharing those same odds.
Since the Lions finished with the third-worst record in the NFL, this is more than reasonable, but it’s also a sign of regression. At this point last year, the Lions had 66-to-1 odds.
History has been tough to the Lions, so I wouldn’t suggest throwing down any money on them at the moment, but if you’ve got the itch, you literally won’t find any bigger payout in the NFL.
- Romeo Okwara announced on Wednesday that he has joined JAY-Z’s sports agency, Roc Nation Sports. Okwara is entering a contract year in 2020.
- Chris Burke of The Athletic has a nice behind-the-scenes look of what the Senior Bowl is like for coaching staffs. (subscription required)
- Speaking of the Senior Bowl, Justin Rogers of The Detroit News has 15 players attending that could make sense for the Lions.
- In light of him finally making the Hall of Fame, here’s Lions legend Alex Karras talking about why he was being snubbed (from 2008):
"That's something I don't even think about anymore," he told me. "It's so stupid what happened to me. At the end, the reality was there were so many people involved, (the solution was), 'Deny.' They put it all on me. But that's OK. I've done pretty well since." (2/2)— John Niyo (@JohnNiyo) January 15, 2020
- Hey, I know that guy!
Larry Warford added to NFC Pro Bowl team https://t.co/eyYU3j7iqA— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) January 15, 2020
- Woody Woodriffe, who many of you may recognize as a sports anchor for Fox 2 Detroit, told a very personal story about a beautiful tribute to his father.