Conference Championship weekend just finished, and the Lions, unfortunately, were not participants this time around—or for the past thirty-some years. But we were treated to some interesting contests! Patrick Mahomes put on another masterclass in quarterback play, this time against a Titans team that jumped out to an early lead. And in the Bay Area, the 49ers made short work of the Packers in a game that was all but blown dead at halftime.
So with a 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl set, the focus for the time being shifts to Mobile, Alabama: the site for the 2020 Reese’s Senior Bowl. A shorthanded Lions staff is coaching the North while the Cincinnati Bengals are in charge of the South team. With draft season in full effect, this week’s practices and this weekend’s game will provide some insight into the players available in this April’s NFL Draft.
This week on the PODcast
- Reactions to this weekend’s slate of Conference Championship games.
- Is there anything the Lions can glean from the teams who played this weekend?
- The Lions coaching staff isn’t complete... is there cause for concern?
- We discuss the prospects we’re most interested in keeping an eye on during the upcoming Senior Bowl.
- Reviews are in and they’re getting read!
- Mailbag has us discussing the value of cornerbacks in today’s NFL—and whether a third overall pick is too rich a price for one—when and where we feel comfortable with the Lions drafting a quarterback, and how much joy we take in Aaron Rodgers’ failures.
Download and subscribe to the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeartRadio