The Detroit Lions had a rare opportunity last week to get up close and personal with the best college players this senior class had to offer. Their week at the Senior Bowl undoubtedly gives them a leg up in the NFL Draft scouting process. Not only did coaching the North team give the Lions unique access to the players, but they were able to test them out with complete control over scheme, practicing methods and everything else important to the team’s evaluation process.
So who passed the test for the Lions last week? Which prospects should we keep an eye on when the Detroit Lions are on the clock in April?
We sought to answer all those questions by bringing on Lions Wire’s Jeff Risdon, who spent the week in Mobile, Alabama evaluating personnel on his own while rubbing shoulders with Lions coaches and scouts. He lets us know which players stuck out during the week of practice, which players the Lions seem to be infatuated with, and his thoughts the Lions’ coaching methods throughout the week.
There’s all of that, plus our reasons to be optimistic in 2020, and much, much more on this week’s episode of the PODcast.
This week on the PODcast
- Jeff Risdon joins the PODcast and gives us a list of players that improved their stock last week.
- Javon Kinlaw or Derrick Brown: Which player will go higher in the draft, and which one will the Lions prefer?
- Jeff gives us a list of players he believes the Lions fell in love with this weekend.
- Kent and Jeremy drink the Kool Aid and each give three reasons you should be optimistic about the Lions in 2020.
- Mailbag discusses Isaiah Simmons’ fit in Detroit, theorizes a DOUBLE TRADE DOWN, and talks comfort food when sick.
Download and subscribe to the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeartRadio