Did you know the Silverdome was the first stadium to use air-pressured roof technology?
I decided to go a little off the press conferences and stats for today’s Notes and feature the latest edition of NFL Explained: the evolution of every team’s stadium.
NFL.com compiled an hour and a half’s worth of old footage and history on the progression of each team’s playing field.
Did you know only two NFL teams are playing in their original stadiums? Did you know only two stadiums are named after a person? Which NFL stadium has gone through 10 different names?
Today’s Notes is definitely for the history buff. The Detroit Lions section begins about 15:45 in and I actually learned quite a few things. Click here to watch — don’t you wish things were still like they are at 16:35 into the video?
And onto the rest of your notes:
Aaron Donald pressures this season: 33— PFF (@PFF) October 15, 2020
Detroit Lions pressures this season: 43 pic.twitter.com/zOu1SDjP1m
- Though it appears opponents are avoiding him, Jamal Agnew is waiting for another shot to show his stuff in the Lions’ return game. Justin Rogers with The Detroit News has more.
- Also from Justin, a look at how D’Andre Swift is keeping his spirits up and working hard, despite having limited opportunities.
- The Lions have allowed 12 sacks in four games. Dave Birkett for the Detroit Free Press takes a look at why that might be.
- Any Jack Fox content is content we like to see. Carlos Monarrez for the Freep discusses how the league’s leading punter’s goals are getting bigger and better.
- Lions continue their voter education work: