The mums-the-word stance on Kenny Golladay’s contract situation continues as Detroit Lions head coach Matt Patricia avoided commenting during Thursday’s media session.
The star receiver, who is due for an extension, posted a not-so-subtle post on Instagram Sunday with the caption, “This s*** gone cost you!” — presumably to remind the Lions that they’ll need to cough up some dough to keep him in Detroit, though we’re not detectives here at POD.
Patricia was asked specifically about the post on Thursday and where things stand.
“I never comment on any individual players or coaches contractual situations, I just don’t think that’s right,” Patricia said. “I mean, Kenny’s a phenomenal player. He had some unbelievable plays in the game I think that were great. I think he’s a great part of our team. He’s dynamic, I love being around him, and I love coaching him,.”
And like any coach on the podium does, quickly returned focus to matters at hand this week.
“Other than that, we’re just, week by week getting ready for the opponent. I don’t want to get into anything outside of that,” Patricia said.
Yesterday, Hamza asked if you’d rather pay Golladay or Tracy Walker, you can find that discussion and poll here.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- Typically long kicks are no problem for Matt Prater, but this year’s been a little different. Special teams coordinator Brayden Coombs isn’t sweating it. More from Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett.
- Move aside Matthew Stafford and Clayton Kershaw, there’s a better duo in town — Birkett explains how Stafford and Falcons’ Matt Ryan became bffs.
- AllLions’ Logan Lamorandier offers three players the Lions should trade for.
- You still have a chance to sit next to Barry Sanders at a game. Er, kind of.
Want to sit next to the at the next home game?— Detroit Lions (@Lions) October 22, 2020
Purchase the Barry Experience at https://t.co/eUFkOq2odW and also receive a photo of the experience autographed by @BarrySanders.
Proceeds benefit Detroit #Lions Charities. pic.twitter.com/3MIzBlHLCI
- The Monday Morning Quarterback team is split on whether the Lions or Falcons will win this week.