It’s Year 3 of Matt Patricia reign as head coach of the Detroit Lions, and it appears for the third straight year, he we will be sporting a last-place team into December. As pointed out by MLive’s Kyle Meinke, the Lions have literally not spent a single day out of last place in the month of December under Patricia, and a loss on Thursday would almost certainly cement that for another year.
As playoff odds now fade away well beyond the realm of realism, focus turns to the fate of both Patricia and general manager Bob Quinn. Though we have yet to hear a single thing from owner Sheila Ford Hamp, most of us believe at this point that it’s not a matter of if but when.
The oddsmakers over in Vegas seem to agree, as Patricia now his the shortest odds to become the next NFL head coach to be fired. Check it out.
If you like betting on people's livelihood (per @SportsBettingAG)— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) November 24, 2020
Next head coach fired
Matt Patricia -150
Adam Gase +100
Doug Marrone +400
Anthony Lynn +1400
Matt Nagy +1800
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein has a heartbreaking story about Lions senior vice president of business development Kelly Kozole and the fight against her daughter’s rare—and terrifying—condition: something called beta-propeller protein-associated neurodegeneration, or BPAN.
- Amani Oruwariye has been a lone bright spot in an otherwise failing cornerback group. Both Oruwariye and linebacker Reggie Ragland were honored in PFF’s Team of the Week.
The #Lions Highest-Graded Defensive Player in Week 11:— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) November 24, 2020
CB Amani Oruwariye - 91.6 OVR (3rd among all defenders in Week 11, 92.6 Coverage Grade was 1st)#OnePride pic.twitter.com/FiwjkcZuGd
- Dave Birkett took a look at the Lions’ struggles on third downs to figure out what was going wrong on offense. Spoiler: everything. (subscription required)
- Awesome piece of video content from the Lions: brothers C.J. Moore of the Lions and A.J. moore of the Texans played a game of Newlywed-esque “Know Your Bro,” to see how well they know each other:
Twin brothers C.J. Moore & @aMOORE_40 will face off when the #Lions play the @HoustonTexans on Thanksgiving day.— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 24, 2020
See which sibling knows the other better on 'Know Your Bro' pic.twitter.com/pmMcb8VOdP
- I’m ending today’s notes asking for a little help from you all. Our own Jerry Mallory is involved in a contest being run by iHeartRadio for “The Next Great Podcast.” This week, his podcast pilot dropped, entitled “438: The Original Social Media.” It’s an amazing story told by Jerry and produced by our own Chris Perfett.
In it, he describes an amazing cultural phenomenon that was wildly popular in the 90s, yet I had no idea it existed: wrestling news call-in hotlines. Jerry narrates what, on the surface, was an amazing place for young people to get together, make new friends, and share a hobby during an internet-less culture. But at the center of it all was a predator luring in young children.
Please take a listen to this true story and vote for Jerry so that he can continue to tell his tale.
The 438 Podcast is LIVE— Chris Perfett (@chrisperfett) November 24, 2020
We are in the hunt for the Next Great Podcast Contest and need your support!
ALL PLATFORMS:https://t.co/r0TXXL5VrBhttps://t.co/cvjtaoLWDlhttps://t.co/Dr6ICOSMs8@JerryMalloryNFL @PrideOfDetroit pic.twitter.com/XMSqP12tMj