With trade rumors swirling, where could Darius Slay potentially end up?
The Internet is abuzz with discussions about the star cornerback’s future after learning the Detroit Lions are reportedly speaking with several teams about trades involving Slay. Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, other teams believe a trade will happen, but Detroit highly values the three-time Pro Bowler and won’t give him up for just anything.
Pro Football Focus’s George Chahrouri and Sam Monson agree on his talent — but not on where he could possibly end up.
“Darius Slay is an extremely good cover corner that is getting towards the end but frankly — go after him, get him, lock down that coverage,” Monson said.
They’re far from the only ones thinking about it. Understandably, writers are flocking to their keyboards to ponder — should their team go after Slay? Is it worth it? What do they have to offer?
Ready? LINKS GALORE!
- SB Nation’s Niners Nation - “Darius Slay?”
- Jets Wire - “Should the Jets trade for Lions CB Darius Slay?”
- NBC Sports Philadelphia - “Weighing pros and cons of a Darius Slay trade for Eagles”
- SB Nation’s Battle Red Blog - “NFL Trade Rumors: Could Houston Trade For Darius Slay?”
- Giants Wire - “Darius Slay would be costly add for Giants”
- Arrowhead Addiction - “Darius Slay trade market is too much for Kansas City Chiefs”
While we’re on the subject, head on over to Ryan Mathews’ open thread of the day to give your input on what you’d be okay with trading Slay for—first-round pick, second, what do you think?
And onto the rest of your notes.
- DeAngelo Hall and David Carr have a “temperature check” on Matthew Stafford trade talk — is it red hot or ice cold?
- Mlive writer Benjamin Raven’s mock draft has the Lions trading back to grab two defenders in the first round.
- Tim Twentyman for detroitlions.com takes a look at edge rushers ahead of the combine.
- And while you’re at it, he’s got another on running backs.
- Speaking of the combine, Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire has a list of 10 snubbed players the Lions should keep on their radar.
- Happy Birthday, Christian Jones!