Free agency is just over a month away, and it’s time for the Detroit Lions to go on the prowl. With as many holes as they have and the amount of resources at their disposal, this could be a monumental offseason for Detroit, and it all starts with free agency.
While we await the Lions’ decisions with their own free agents, it’s time to look forward at the free agency class from other teams. There are plenty of players out there that could help Detroit make the necessary jump this offseason, and the Lions have the money to go get them.
So this week on First Byte—our midweek PODcast—Ryan and I discuss the our favorite free agent targets and the ones most likely to get a call from the Detroit Lions when the tampering period begins in mid-March
This week on First Byte
- Given the Lions’ resources and the free agents available, what positions are they most likely to go after.
- Will the Lions finally land a big-time cornerback this offseason after trying last two years?
- How the Cory Undlin hiring may help Detroit reign in a top free agent cornerback or two.
- Ryan lists off a couple skill players that the Lions should target in free agency
- Jeremy goes over the top FA candidates at the Lions’ biggest need: Defensive tackle.
- The one defensive tackle that Jeremy would go all-in for in free agency... and it’s not Chris Jones.
- Time to get a linebacker? Ryan has a guy in mind.
Download and subscribe to the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.