As free agency starts to take over, there is going to be a flurry of NFL news that may be hard to keep track of. Rumors will be swirling, contracts will be agreed upon, franchise tags will be placed, and even some trades may happen.
So to help you weed through the Detroit Lions-related news, we have a 2020 Free Agency News and Rumors tracker. If the Lions are interested in a player, you’ll see it placed here. If a Lions player is visiting another team or signs elsewhere, it’ll be listed below. If there are any trades or releases or anything else related to Detroit Lions free agency, we’ll all have it right here in one place.
In addition to this tracker, we’ll also have a full list of every Lions-related transaction on our 2020 offseason tracker, which you can view here.
The news will really start coming in when the tampering period opens at noon ET on Monday. Be sure to hit that refresh button!
- Eagles, Lions working on a 3-year extension for Darius Slay as part of a trade, per Josina Anderson
- Lions signing former Vikings S Jayron Kearse to 1-year, $2.75M deal
- Former Lions TE Logan Thomas is signing with Washington, per John Keim
- LB Devon Kennard signing 3-year deal with Cardinals
- Lions did not tender RFAs J.D. McKissic or Jamie Meder
- Lions gave ERFAs Mike Ford, Dee Virgin tender
- CB Jalen Mills is re-signing with the Eagles. Lions reportedly had interest.
- DT D.J. Reader is signing 4-year, $53M deal with Bengals
- Lions “showing interest” in Broncos DB Will Parks, per John Clark
- OT Rick Wagner - Signing a two-year, $11 million deal with Packers
- Patriots OG Joe Thuney is being franchise tagged.
Many Lions fans were hoping Thuney was a top free agent target for Detroit. The Lions could still acquire Thuney but only through a trade now or if Detroit decides to make an offer that the Patriots don’t match—but that latter option would cost the Lions two first-round picks as compensation. A trade is more likely.
- Lions picking up ERFA option on CB Dee Virgin, per Mike Rothstein
- Not really sure this is anything new, but ESPN’s Adam Schefter suggests that whoever loses out on Cowboys cornerback Byron Jones could target Darius Slay in a trade:
And one of the teams that doesn’t land Byron Jones then could wind up trading for Lions’ CB Darius Slay. https://t.co/XEghB8qgHD— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2020
- Lions among three teams “in on” DT D.J. Reader, per Pro Football Network’s Neal Driscoll
- Lions signing Bears DT Nick Williams to 2-year deal