Thursday was a wild one for Detroit Lions fans. After a late-night signing of Desmond Trufant on Wednesday night, it became clear Darius Slay’s time was quickly running short in Detroit. By Thursday morning, he was gone to Philadelphia.
And while fans debated whether the Lions had made the right choice or not, this story was just truly beginning. As I predicted hours before the trade happened, Slay went to the media and had some harsh things to say about head coach Matt Patricia.
First, on local AM radio station WJR, Slay said he had no respect for Patricia as a person. Hours later, Slay talked to the local beat reporters and told a troubling story about the Lions head coach humiliating him in a team meeting—something Slay has clearly not gotten over.
So what can we make of everything that transpired in that 24-hour window? Who’s right? Who’s wrong? Where does that leave the Lions? Where does that leave Matt Patricia?
We tackle it all on our THIRD emergency PODcast of the week.
On this week’s emergency PODcast:
- Breaking down the Desmond Trufant signing.
- Who would you rather have: Trufant for two years at $10.5 million per year or Slay at $16.6 million for three years?
- Did the Lions get enough compensation for the trade? Could they have gotten more at the trade deadline?
- Ryan and Jeremy believe Patricia crossed a serious line if Slay’s allegations are true.
- Has Patricia really improved since then?
- Darius Slay doesn’t come out of this with his hands clean, either.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to the PODcast and leave us a review.