As free agency happens, we tend to overreact to moves in a bubble. As they happen, it’s hard to see an overall picture, as we only see each move made individually.
So with a week to reflect upon Detroit’s flurry of moves—including eight free agency signings and two trades—our PODcast crew took time to look at the entire picture and see how it relates to the Lions’ roster of 2019.
But we didn’t do it alone. Since you’re probably sicking of hearing our voices, we brought along Lions Wire’s Erik Schlitt to weigh in on all the moves. With Erik, we went through every position on the Lions roster and simply asked: Did they improve or get worse? Then we bring it all together and analyze the moves on offense and defense? Which side of the ball are they stronger on? Which needs drastic improvement? Which positions are most likely to still see some action in free agency in the draft.
All that and much, much more on our Free Agency Week 1 recap podcast.
This week on the PODcast
- Jeremy and Erik explain why the Duron Harmon trade is among their favorite moves the Lions have made.
- There’s a clear downgrade at cornerback, but did the Lions still make the right decisions?
- How exactly are the Lions going to use their current linebackers with Devon Kennard gone? What will be Jamie Collins Sr.’s role? Are the Lions done at addressing linebacker?
- The defense line has changed drastically, but is it better?
- Not much changes on offense, except for a clear downgrade on the offensive line. What moves may be on the horizon?
- Mailbag revisits some draft scenarios, debates whether a big Everson Griffen or Jadeveon Clowney signing is in the mix, and wonders when the Lions will draft a punter.
Download and subscribe to the Pride of Detroit PODcast on your favorite platforms.