Just in time to cure your quarantine day boredom, the Pride of Detroit Community Mock Draft is back!
Every year, we gather our most active and well-behaved commenters to act as general managers to all 32 teams, as we mock out the first two rounds of the NFL Draft. This is our way to give back to the community, while providing an interesting look at how the draft may unfold next month (assuming the draft still happens)
Today is your opportunity to join the POD Community Mock, but please only sign up if you are dedicated to being active and involved throughout the next five weeks.
Here’s how it works and what I need from you all:
- The Detroit Lions will be represented by Kent Lee Platte. All other 31 teams are up for grabs, however, seeing as each NFL team has at least one pick in the first two rounds.
- In the signup sheet below, you’ll have the opportunity to select three teams of which you’d like to general manage.
- Teams will be assigned based on three factors: how active you are on in the comment section, how long you have been around, and the amount of warnings/deleted comments on your record. This is not a race to sign up first or anything like that. Newer users will still be considered, but I want to make sure regulars of the site get to participate.
- If you have a first-round pick, you will be asked to provide a 200-300 word write-up. Only sign up if you are comfortable doing this and have basic writing skills. No internet slang, no abbreviations. Remember, your article will be read by our normal viewership. Make yourself look good, and do your research, please.
- Make sure you can stick to the schedule that will be posted in the coming days. You will be replaced if you can’t get your pick in on time. We move pretty fast (3 picks a day), so if you aren’t the kind of person who checks their email several times a day, please do not sign up.
- Sign up for the POD Mock Draft by midnight on Saturday, March 28. (Saturday night going into Sunday). Assignments and the schedule will be released on Sunday.
- Again, I want to reiterate that you please only sign up if you are capable of keeping up to date several times a day. This draft will continue from late March until days before the draft. If you are going to be offline for a stretch of several days during any time in April, I highly suggest you do NOT sign up this year. One person can hold up the entire draft and threaten our ability to finish it before the real draft gets here.
How to sign up (PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION)
To sign up for the POD Community Mock, fill out the google form below. (If you don’t see it below, click here.) Follow the instructions on the form very carefully. Please pick three teams you’d like to represent. Even if you have no true preference, fill out the form to completion.
After filling out that form, please confirm your submission by leaving a comment in the section below. If you don’t have a true team preference, let me know in the comments, not in the form.
That’s it! Let’s have some fun, y’all.