Danny Amendola will rep the Motor City in a star-studded COVID-19 celebrity beer pong tournament to raise money for COVID-19 relief.
Dubbed The Ballina Cup, the tournament is the brainchild of Post Malone and fellow rapper MIKE, formerly known as Mike Stud, according to TMZ. The bracket features 16 teams including Amendola, Rob Gronkowski and wife Camille, Barstool Sports, Johnny Manziel, country star Kane Brown, Machine Gun Kelly, and more.
Hosted on Instagram Live, the tournament starting next week will take place over eight days — two matchups per night, all from their homes due to social distancing guidelines. Each team will chip in to provide funds for those fighting the virus.
On top of all that, Amendola is currently the betting favorite at +500, according to one sportsbook.
Who will win @theballinacup on IG Live?— BetOnline.ag (@betonline_ag) March 30, 2020
The on @DannyAmendola has him as the betting favorite at +500
Other competitors include:@PostMalone +600@RobGronkowski +1000@JManziel2 +1200@BauerOutage +1200@kanebrown +1400@machinegunkelly +1400
And onto the rest of your notes:
- Dave Birkett for the Detroit Free Press assess the Detroit Lions’ receiving corps after adding Geronimo Allison.
- From new coordinator Brayden Combs to Sam Martin’s departure, Tim Twentyman for detroitlions.com explores how the Lions’ special teams could look different in 2020.
- The Lions have made some neat backgrounds for your video work calls.
- John Maakaron for Sports Illustrated’s LionsMaven ranks the Lions’ offseason acquisitions.
- In case you missed it, a 1-on-1 with new cornerback Desmond Trufant.
- It’s Lomas Brown’s birthday! Happy birthday!