On Tuesday, New Era dropped the official hats. And while they aren’t identical to the ones released earlier this month, they are clearly along the same lines: primarily black, with kind of an electric blue look.
Here it is, as dropped by the Detroit Lions’ PR Twitter account:
Today, @NewEraCap released the @Lions' 2020 official @NFL Draft hat.— Detroit Lions PR (@LionsPR) March 31, 2020
Inspired by the iconic neon signs of Las Vegas, the #Lions' official NFL Draft hat features a silicone Lions logo at the front panels with the team's slogan embroidered at the right-wear side.#OnePride pic.twitter.com/kXnWczfe5T
There’s still a good chance the previously-leaked hats are an alternate version of these hats—especially considering these, too, say “MOTOR CITY FOOTBALL”—but, for now, only the style above is available on New Era’s website.
The 2020 NFL Draft hats are currently retailing for $39.99 for fitted, $35.99 for snapbacks on the website. Get them before the draft in three weeks. Or don’t. I’m not your dad. You’re (presumably) an adult or close to it.
- Changing pace here, the Detroit News is doing a pretty neat series profiling their entire staff. Tuesday, it was Lions beat writer Justin Rogers’ turn. As someone who knows him personally, I learned a lot about him I didn’t know. Worth the read.
- The Lion King Cub Cam now has a play-at-home version, and it is majestic:
- MLive’s Kyle Meinke lists what he believes to be the Lions’ top five remaining needs.
- Chris Spielman’s daughters did a fashion show of every era of the former Lions linebacker’s career. It’s pretty awesome:
- Tony McRae could be one of the Lions’ most underrated signing. Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire goes into detail on how McRae’s special teams skills are... well, special.
- Us too, T.J. Hockenson. Us too.