If you thought you could carry on life without an interview done while someone is using a foam roller for an extended period of time, you are quite wrong my friend.
Detroitlions.com’s video crew met up with Trey Flowers in his hometown of Madison, Alabama to check out his offseason routine. I was particularly taken with this foam roller interview:
“That’s one of the things about just being a veteran in the league ... I didn’t think it was as important as it is now but definitely gotta warm up, your muscles are going to be sore - you’re going to put them through a lot of work so if you don’t warm them up properly, you could potentially hurt yourself,” he explains.
But, seriously, the dude goes HAM in a workout and gives some insight into how to stay in shape when all I’d want to do is binge Netflix and shove donuts in my face with my time off. He explains after taking some time to heal, he’s now focusing on some core training versus heavier weightlifting—even though he starts bench pressing Kellie-sized dumbbells. Ya know, the lighter stuff.
I also wanted to add I think the video crew did a really creative job with this, cool perspectives and angles. Watch the whole thing here:
Annnnnddd on to the rest of your notes.
- Sports Illustrated’s Jenny Vrentas rated the intrigue level of the quarterback situation for each team from extreme to mild, scoring the lions at a medium.
- But the Lions pass him Young, despite falling to them, for cornerback Jeff Okudah in PFF’s mock draft. “Patricia (and Bill Belichick) simply don’t value edge as much as they do secondary players.”
- Someone tweeted at Darius Slay to “honor your damn contract and shut up” and his response was pretty hilarious.
@_bigplayslay23 you know people are out here struggling to make ends meet and working jobs they hate just to survive. While you, who isn’t struggling financially by any means AND get to do what you love are demanding to have more. Be thankful, honor your damn contract and shut up— Leigha Hope Lovett (@LeighaHope16) March 9, 2020
- “Spending big on a free-agent running back is about the most frivolous thing an NFL team can do, no matter how much cap room it has.” The Detroit Free Press’s Dave Birkett explains.
- Tim Twentyman with detroitlions.com has a list of five pro days to watch this week and who to watch.