Round 2 of the Pride of Detroit Community Mock has concluded. Normally, that would be where we end our mock, but because the Detroit Lions hold the third pick into the third round, we decided to extend the mock a few extra picks.
So here’s a look at how the second half of the second round fell, along with the two additional picks in the third round prior to Detroit’s selection.
51. Dallas Cowboys - CB Jeff Gladney
52. Los Angeles Rams - OT Lucas Niang
53. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Noah Igbinoghene
54. Buffalo Bills - G John Simpson
55. Baltimore Ravens - G Solomon Kindley
56. Miami Dolphins - RB Jonathan Taylor
57. Houston Texans - WR Tee Higgins
58. Minnesota Vikings - EDGE Bradlee Anae
59. Seattle Seahawks - RB J.K. Dobbins
60. Baltimore Ravens - EDGE Josh Uche
61. Tennessee Titans - DL Marlon Davidson
62. Green Bay Packers - WR Donovan Peoples-Jones
63. Kansas City Chiefs - LB Malik Harrison
64. Seattle Seahawks - EDGE Curtis Weaver
65. Cincinnati Bengals - LB Troy Dye
66. Washington - OT Prince Tega Wanogho
For a look at how the entire board fell, click here for our full POD Community Mock Tracker.
Now, let’s turn our attention to the Detroit Lions, who are on the clock. As a reminder, here are the two selections that Kent Lee Platte, our Lions mocker, made earlier in the draft:
3. Ohio State EDGE Chase Young
35. Michigan C/G Cesar Ruiz
Now who should the Lions target in the third round?
Detroit still has a major need at cornerback, but 10 cornerbacks are already off the board. Is it too early to target someone like Mississippi State’s Cameron Dantzler or Iowa’s Michael Ojemudia?
Or is this where the Lions go with a skill position player? While we’re already 10 prospects deep, this is a great class for wide receivers. This is a popular spot for Ohio State slot receiver K.J. Hill, Penn State’s KJ Hamler, or USC’s Michael Pittman Jr.
At running back—a big remaining need—only three players are off the board. Here, the Lions could take Utah’s Zack Moss, Florida State’s Cam Akers or LSU’s Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
Or Detroit could go back to the defensive line. With Chase Young already on board, the Lions could potentially look for interior help. Alabama’s Raekwon Davis is good value here, as is Utah’s nose tackle Leki Fotu or popular sleeper pick McTelvin Agim from Arkansas. If Detroit wanted to go with another edge defender, Alabama’s Terrell Lewis is great value here.
So if you were the Lions GM, who would you be picking here? Vote while we wait for Kent’s pick on Tuesday morning.
Who should the Lions pick in the third round (67th)
This poll is closed
CB Cameron Dantzler
CB Michael Ojemudia
WR K.J. Hill
WR KJ Hamler
WR Michael Pittman Jr.
RB Zach Moss
RB Cam Akers
RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
DT Raekwon Davis
DT Leki Fotu
DT McTelvin Agim
EDGE Terrell Lewis
OTHER (drop in comments)