With their final pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions have selected Ohio State defensive lineman Jashon Cornell.
Cornell is the third Buckeye the Lions took in the 2020 draft, joining first-round pick Jeff Okudah and third-round pick Jonah Jackson.
Cornell played some edge, some three-tech in Ohio State, and the Lions are bound to like that versatility. His only starting year was his senior year, in which he tallied 4.0 sacks and earned Honorable Mention All-Big Ten.
This concludes the Detroit Lions’ 2020 NFL Draft class. Here’s a look at all nine of their selections:
- Round 1, Pick 3 - OSU CB Jeff Okudah
- Round 2, Pick 3 (35 overall) - Georgia RB D’Andre Swift
- Round 3, Pick 3 (67 overall) - Notre Dame EDGE Julian Okwara
- Round 3, Pick 11 (75 overall) - OSU G Jonah Jackson
- Round 4, Pick 15 (121 overall) - Kentucky G Logan Stenberg
- Round 5, Pick 21 (166 overall) - Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus
- Round 5, Pick 27 (172 overall) - New Mexico State RB Jason Huntley
- Round 6, Pick 18 (197) - Utah DT John Penisini
- Round 7, Pick 21 (235) - Ohio State DL Jashon Cornell
Top remaining needs for Lions:
Cornerback Defensive tackle Offensive guard
Edge defender Running back