Now that the NFL Draft is over, and we’ve had some time to digest the picks and attempt to understand the Detroit Lions’ overall game plan, it’s time for some deep analysis. Why did the Lions make the selections they did? Where will these players fit in 2020 and beyond? What does it mean for the rest of the players on the roster?
We sought to answer those questions and a lot more on this week’s PODcast. Of course, to help us break all of that down, we had to bring aboard our draft expert Kent Lee Platte to give his thoughts on each pick and explain why after seeing the entire draft class, he felt much better about some of the earlier picks in the draft.
Then to close out the podcast, we talked about the big picture. Is this roster improved from last year? Can they compete in the NFC North this year? Will Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn save their jobs for at least another year?
All of that and much, much, MUCH more on this week’s episode of the PODcast.
This week on the PODcast:
- Analysis and opinions on all nine Lions draft picks
- What does the additions of D’Andrew Swift and Jason Huntley mean for the futures of Ty Johnson? Kerryon Johnson? Jamal Agnew?
- Did the Lions nab their two starting guards in this year’s draft?
- Julian Okwara was the steal of the draft, but will he come in and immediately assumed Devon Kennard’s role?
- UDFA talk
- Where do the Lions go from here? Biggest weaknesses? Best free agent to go after?
- Is this team better than they were last year? Will they compete for the playoffs? How does their offseason compare to the rest of the NFC North
- Also, we are very immature
Please don’t forget to subscribe to the PODcast and leave us a review.