Last week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to teams alerting them that the NFL Draft will go on as scheduled, and if executives were to criticize the decision publicly, they could face reprimand.
In times like these, it’s hard to know right from wrong. You want to give the current COVID-19 crisis the attention and respect it deserves, but so many people are just craving a sense of normalcy right now that holding the draft right now could provide some serious mental relief for those that are overwhelmingly stressed right now.
So this week on the PODcast, we debate whether the NFL is making the right decision. Is it fair to NFL teams? Is it fair to small-school prospects? Is this just a last-ditch effort to keep things on schedule for a September start of the regular season?
We debate that topic, then we move on to Day 2 of the draft, which could be the most important day for the Detroit Lions. We talk about the positions the Lions may be targeting in Rounds 2 and 3 and the players that may fit the best in Detroit.
All that and more on this week’s PODcast!
- Hamza Baccouche makes his triumphant return to the show!
- Hamza and Jeremy are okay with the NFL Draft continuing as is—even though it’s hurting the players. Ryan thinks the league is making the wrong decision.
- How will the NFL Draft look to the consumer this year? How can they make it appealing for the viewer with no public event?
- We run down the best Day 2 prospects for Detroit. Cornerback is deeper than you think, while the Lions are facing a huge conundrum at guard.
- Hamza provides is PUNTER BIG BALLS expertise on how the Lions may fix their punter problem.
- We talk about some positive changes in our life following quarantine.