One way-too-early record projection places the Detroit Lions at the bottom of the division as we all question whether or not there will even be a 2020 NFL season.
NFL.com’s Cynthia Frelund released this season’s record projections, predicting the Lions will win a total of six games.
“Despite a strong draft class that addressed team needs, including a top-rated corner and dual-threat running back, the Detroit Lions are forecast to earn only six wins this season, primarily due to questions on defense,” she says.
Let’s just wait and see if there will be a season at all before we start kicking the Lions in the--- And onto the rest of your notes.
- Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press wonders if Lions guard Logan Stenberg is the next Bill Laimbeer.
- In case you missed it, the Detroit Lions team did a 2020 schedule reveal.... Animal Crossing style. What kind of creative geniuses..
- Like millions of other sports-hungry folks, you might be watching ESPN’s 10-part documentary on Michael Jordan. The Freep’s Dave Birkett features reactions from some Lions following along with “The Last Dance.”
Matthew Stafford likely will have his name among the most pass attempts beyond 20+ yards if he is able to stay healthy in 2020— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) May 10, 2020
Prior to his season-ending injury, Stafford led the NFL with 56 deep attempts through Week 9 in 2019 and had a deep rate of 19.2% (1st)#OnePride https://t.co/npOKLJV59J
- A cool feature from ESPN’s Michael Rothstein on how the Detroit Lions made it into popular Netflix show “Ozark.”
- Glover Quin tells Jim Rome on his radio program that he doesn’t feel the Lions needed an overhaul after the 2017 season. John Maakaron with Sports Illustrated’s AllLions has more.
- As the stay-at-home order was extended for another couple of weeks, the Lions made a really cute activity book for kids, including connect the dots, mazes, coloring, etc.