The Detroit Lions are honoring Memorial Day with some messages remembering the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for this country.
Head coach Matt Patricia and quarterback Matthew Stafford spoke about families they met during Salute to Service games:
A #MemorialDay message from Coach Patricia @TAPSorg pic.twitter.com/KNesZv4qFQ— Detroit Lions (@Lions) May 25, 2020
A #MemorialDay message from Matthew Stafford @TAPSorg pic.twitter.com/JdKQguzq7E— Detroit Lions (@Lions) May 25, 2020
Other Lions sent messages to recognize the heroes in their own ways:
So proud to be an American and so thankful to live freely due to the sacrifice of so many brave people. Today and everyday we remember and appreciate them. #MemorialDay— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) May 25, 2020
Our Country’s heroes will never be forgotten. #MemorialDay pic.twitter.com/SD4C3dUksa— Tyrell Crosby (@Tyrellcrosby) May 25, 2020
We remember and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. #MemorialDay pic.twitter.com/d2NYtvSt3G— Lions Cheerleaders (@DETLionsCheer) May 25, 2020
While you’re at it, the Detroit Free Press’s Carlos Monarrez has a feature on how Matt Patricia used to play “Taps” on his trumpet for Memorial Day — and why.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- In NBC Sports’ Peter King’s fourth installment of his series on how NFL teams are conducting their offseason program, he highlights the Detroit Lions wide receivers.
- “He’s a fiery guy.” Tim Twentyman of the team’s official website has a piece on how Trey Flowers is excited to work with new Defensive Coordinator Cory Undlin.
- NFL Network’s DeAngelo Hall, Shaun O’Hara and Mike Robinson discuss which last place 2019 team is a 2020 sleeper. Obviously, the Lions are discussed (about 1:40 in).
- In case you missed it - an offseason catch up with linebacker Jahlani Tavai.
- Remember when everyone was freaking out about Matthew Stafford putting his house up for sale? Rumors of his departure from the team have been squashed, but the pictures of the home were still pretty jaw-dropping and story worthy. Carlos Monarrez looked into the QB’s epic home renovation.
- Jeff Risdon of LionsWire took a look at every draft pick made by Lions general manager Bob Quinn.
- Another in-case-you-missed-it, NFL Network’s Cynthia Frelund highlighted the NFL’s most underappreciated player for each team.