One of Matthew Stafford’s passes made the top 10 longest throws by air distance yards of the 2020 season, according to Next Gen Stats.
Arguably one of the best things about watching Number 9 play is when he absolutely launches it down the field for a huge gain. This week, NFL.com highlighted the top 10 connections by air distance this season and a Stafford pass made the list.
As a refresher, according to Next Gen Stats’ glossary: “Air Distance is the amount of yards the ball has traveled on a pass, from the point of release to the point of reception (as the crow flies). Unlike Air Yards, Air Distance measures the actual distance the passer throws the ball.”
The Stafford throw that made the list came in eighth place. During Week 8 against the Indianapolis Colts, Stafford threw the ball deep to Marvin Hall and tallied 61.8 yards by air distance. Check it out:
Click here to watch the entire video. In case you don’t make it to the top pass, it was only a smidge longer at 64.4 yards.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- For starters, highlights from the Vikings game if you’d like to take a gander.
- Who’s here to stay and who might be hanging up their Honolulu blue jersey? LionsWire’s Erik Schlitt takes a look at the contract status of every Lion heading into the offseason.
- Sports Illustrated’s Conor Orr offers a Black Monday tracker that breaks down GM and head coaching changes, which could give you a better idea of how the Lions fit into the grand scheme of things.
- On that note, USA Today’s Nate Davis ranks the six open head coach jobs based on their pros and cons.
- The Lions are still giving away swag in honor of fan appreciation.