On the heels of some fiery comments about the negativity surrounding his name in the media, Taylor Decker is making sure Detroit Lions fans he still appreciates their support.
A day after his big return to the field against the Steelers, Decker expressed some pent up frustration with some headlines while he was out with a finger injury. The Lions left tackle called it “bullshit” and said it hasn’t been deserved.
In the months that Decker sat out, talk has swirled around the media landscape ranging from questioning his toughness to whether the Lions should trade him. Our own Jeremy Reisman has an in-depth breakdown of his full comments earlier Monday. The summary — he’s ticked.
Just a few hours after those new headlines hit the web, Decker wanted to make sure we know who he’s mad at — and it’s NOT the fans. While readers and viewers might see his angry words hit the press, Decker seems to want to clarify it’s never been pointed at them.
And onto your notes.
- It’s a big day for columns as beat writers try to make sense of the current state of the Lions. Detroitlions.com’s Mike O’Hara tries to make sense of the tie, The Athletic’s Chris Burke says the Lions need to stop making excuses ($), and MLive’s Kyle Meinke says among all the bad, Jared Goff was the worst.
- If you’d like to take something positive away from the game, D’Andre Swift had himself a day. You can relive that with these highlights:
- The CBS Sports NFL crew chose the winners and losers of Week 10. The comments about the Lions made me laugh.
- Hear what Herman Moore has to say about how the Lions should feel after a tie.
- Lomas Brown spoke with Local 4 as he remembers the terrible tragedy on Nov. 17, 1991 when his friend Mike Utley was paralyzed during a Lions game at the Silverdome.