Happy free agency week!
The 2021 offseason has already been pretty crazy, especially for Detroit Lions fans, but things are about to kick into another gear for the rest of the NFL. Free agency is always one of the most hectic times of the year as teams do their best impression of Black Friday, hoping to add the final pieces needed to bring in a Lombardi Trophy.
With the added complication of a reduced salary cap, we are entering uncharted territories for the NFL, and it’s somehow made things even more exciting.
The Detroit Lions are a team going through a massive overhaul, and that has already resulted in several key players from the previous regime being released or traded away. It could just as well result in a lot of action this year in free agency, even with the limited cap space available.
So while you can keep track of all the Lions’ official moves with our Free Agency Tracker, stick around right here for all of the rumors both involving some of the players the Lions may be losing and the ones they may be adding. If the Lions are “showing interest” in a free agent, you’ll see it here. If a Lions’ free agent is “visiting” three different teams before signing, you’ll find it in the list below. Anything that is not an agreed upon deal or official signing will be in here (and we’ll also throw the signings here).
This, essentially, will just be a growing, living article with all of the latest free agency news and rumors regarding the Lions. If you’re just looking for the “official” stuff and the latest regarding all of the Lions’ free agents, check the offseason tracker here.
So let’s kick this thing off!
(Latest news is on top)
Thursday, March 26
- CB Darryl Roberts — Former Lions CB signing with Washington
Wednesday, March 24
- WR Damion Ratley — Signed with Lions (no terms yet)
- LB Alex Anzalone — Signing 1-year, $1.5M deal with Lions
- CB K’Waun Williams — Re-signing with the 49ers
Tuesday, March 23
- LB Christian Jones — Signing with Bears
- WR Kalif Raymond — Signing 1-year deal with Lions, per his agency
Monday, March 22
- CB K’Waun Williams — Lions have ‘shown interest’ in the free agent nickelback. Visit may be coming
- S Damontae Kazee — will visit Lions on Wednesday, per Jeremy Fowler
Saturday, March 20
- WR Kenny Golladay — Signing 4-year, $72 million deal with Giants
- S Miles Killebrew — Signing 1-year deal with Steelers
- S Damontae Kazee — Lions will host Kazee for a visit next week, per Josina Anderson
- G Oday Aboushi — Signing 1-year, $1.75M deal with Chargers
Friday, March 19
- DE Charles Harris — The Lions have confirmed the signing of Harris. No terms yet.
- CB Desmond Trufant — Signing 1-deal with Bears
- K Randy Bullock — Signing one-year, $1.5M deal with Lions
- DT Michael Brockers — Signing a new three-year, $24M deal with Lions
- WR Kenny Golladay — Ravens have reached out to Golladay’s agent, per Schefter
- LS Don Muhlbach — Re-signed 1-year, veteran minimum deal with Lions
Thursday, March 18
- LB Reggie Ragland — Signing 1-year deal with Giants
- WR Breshad Perriman — Signing 1-year, $3 milion deal with Lions
- DE Charles Harris: ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler is reporting the Lions agreed to terms with Harris. However, Justin Rogers of the Detroit News says an agreement has not yet been made.
- WR Kenny Golladay: Reportedly met with Bears on Wednesday night
Wednesday, March 17
- QB Tim Boyle: Lions sign former Packers QB to a 1-year, $2.5M deal
- K Matt Prater — Signed 2-year deal with Cardinals
- WR Kenny Golladay: Bengals have offered Golladay a one-year “prove-it type of deal.” Still pending.
- WR Kenny Golladay: Golladay will visit the New York Giants this week
- DT Michael Brockers: Lions sending 2023 7th-round pick to Rams for Brockers
- CB Justin Coleman: Former Lions CB signing one-year, $2.75M deal with Dolphins
Tuesday, March 16
- TRADE! Lions finalizing deal with Rams to acquire DT Michael Brockers
- RB Jamaal Williams: Lions signing former Packers RB Jamaal Williams to a two-year deal worth “up to” $7.5 million.
Safety Keanu Neal: Lions among 6 teams interested in Neal, per Josina Anderson
- Marvin Jones Jr. is signing a 2-year, $14.5M deal with Jaguars
- Slow news day, but relevant to the Lions and Kenny Golladay: ESPN’s Dianna Russini was told by one free agent WR that “the WR market is really bad right now.”
- The Lions will reportedly release QB Chase Daniel, DT Danny Shelton
Monday, March 15
- K Matt Prater - Arizona Cardinals are a possible landing spot, per Dave Birkett.
- Rams S John Johnson is signing with the Browns, per Rapoport.
- Lions re-signing LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin to one-year, $2.4M deal
- Lions officially release G Joe Dahl
- LB Jarrad Davis: Signing one-year, $7 million deal with Jets
- WR/PR Jamal Agnew: Jaguars signing Agnew to a 3-year deal
- Latest from Kenny Golladay: He’s being patient:
Just got off the phone with #Lions WR Kenny Golladay: "I'm being patient right now. Just enjoying the process." Big decision ahead.— IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) March 15, 2021
- Rams S John Johnson: Lions among four teams expressing interest (Eagles, Jaguars, Browns), per Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports.
- ROMEO OKWARA SIGNING 3-YEAR DEAL WITH LIONS
- Jarrad Davis: PFT is reporting Davis could go quickly in free agency with a one-year deal worth around $7 million.
- Kenny Golladay: Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline, the Jets and Dolphins are “expected to lead the charge” in pursuing Kenny Golladay. Meanwhile, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo told “Good Morning Football” he doesn’t expect Golladay to get $20 million per year.
Sunday, March 14
- Romeo Okwara: Per ESPN, the Lions would “love to retain” Okwara, but expect him to explore his options in free agency first.
Saturday, March 13
- Jarrad Davis: Per NFL Network’s Peter Schrager, Davis is expected to have a ‘competitive market’ in free agency.