Marvin Jones Jr. is trading in his parka for some shades and heading off to Jacksonville.
Jones struck a two-year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars and is leaving the Motor City after half a decade. In what I imagine will be the first of many goodbye posts, Jones writes a thank you to Detroit, along with an impressive video.
Ah, the memories. Jones shows off his 36 receiving touchdowns in his last five years with the Detroit Lions. The receiver tallied 289 passes for 4,296 yards in 69 appearances. His most productive season was in 2017, wracking up over 1,100 yards and scoring nine touchdowns.
The Jones family has been a part of the Metro Detroit community and will undoubtedly be missed. Jazmyn Jones is a business owner in the area, owning Nothing Bundt Cakes over in Troy. (Not an ad but have you had one of those? They’re insane.) From donating shoes to the Diehl Boys & Girls Club to thanking hospital workers with food trucks, they have given back time and time again over the years.
I’m sure there will be more goodbyes to come.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- New tight end Josh Hill has some great stories in store on Dan Campbell, but for now he’s praising the coach’s love for the game. Detroitlions.com’s Mike O’Hara has more.
- Still weeping at the Matthew Stafford goodbye video? Me too. Watching all the other teams weigh in too has got my eyes a little dusty.
Thank you for everything, Matthew.— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) March 18, 2021
You've left a lasting impact on all of Detroit. pic.twitter.com/tpnwgWNwle
- Speaking of Stafford, Chris Burke of The Athletic has a fantastic farewell on the legacy of the ex-Lions quarterback.
- Dave Birkett for the Detroit Free Press explores what went wrong for Jared Goff in L.A., and why Detroit can get it right. (Subscription required.)
- Over on PFF, Ben Linsey has picked some early winners and losers of free agency so far, and the Jarrad Davis signing came up... unfavorably.