With this year’s draft just a few weeks away, Bleacher Report’s Brad Gagnon suggests who each team would have selected — knowing what they know today.
For example, he suggests the Washington Football Team would pick Justin Herbert over Chase Young, now knowing that the Dwayne Haskins experiment didn’t quite pan out.
Gagnon believes the Lions would pick receiver Justin Jefferson. It’s not that cornerback Jeff Okudah is a bust, he says, but his production wasn’t strong enough to merit a re-draft and the Lions also lost Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones Jr.
“As a 21-year-old rookie, the LSU product ranked third among wide receivers with 1,400 yards in a seven-touchdown campaign in which (Jefferson) was the only player in the NFL to average more than 11.0 yards per target on more than 75 targets,” he writes.
Jefferson was selected by the Minnesota Vikings 22nd overall. That the Lions would be snagging him an NFC North rival just makes it all the sweeter.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- A mock this morning from NFL Network’s Peter Schrager in which the Lions trade away their No. 7 spot but still pick up a receiver.
- Pro Football Focus examines how teams have spent their past draft picks to learn how the league perceives positional value. You can take a look at the chart at the top, but the rest requires a subscription.
- NFL Network’s Cynthia Frelund offers the best team fits for the draft’s top receivers, sending one to the Motor City.
- The Lions continue to educate and give back:
- Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett releases his third mock draft of the season.