No NFL player jobs are won in June. Organized Team Activities and minicamp are mostly used to keep players in shape and begin the install of playbooks. Sure, there’s a fair amount of assessment happening, too, but with the grueling weeks of training camp still ahead, roster sports will be decided in August.
That being said, OTAs and minicamp did a good job setting up where the biggest competitions may lay when the team congregates in a couple months. So on this week’s Detroit Lions mailbag live on the Locker Room app, we discuss what we believe may be the biggest camp battles on the horizon, along with plenty of other topics.
Fan questions in this week’s episode include:
- How has Jared Goff looked in minicamp?
- What will the Lions’ overall team identity be in 2021?
- Predictions for linebacker roster spots
- What changes would we make to the Lions’ jerseys?
- How will the tight end and wide receiver positions shake out?
If you want to join our Locker Room session next time, be sure to download the Locker Room app on a mobile device, follow @PrideOfDetroit (search: “Jeremy Reisman”), then open the app on Saturday morning at 10:30 a.m. ET.