In between all his positive comments and dad jokes, Detroit Lions running back Jamaal Williams weighed in on the Aaron Rodgers situation.
The former Packer was asked for his thoughts on the ongoing Rodgers-Packers saga.
“I love 12. I want him to do whatever makes him happy in life, and that’s just coming from a life — a life and friends standpoint and perspective. I just want him to be happy, you know, live his life and do what he needs to do,”
Then he donned a smirk and rubbed his hands together: “But for the Lions...”
“For my team and everything, go ahead and stay out for a minute. Let us go ahead and get loose,” he said, laughing. “Make it easier for us.”
Williams reiterated that he just wants the best for his former teammate and friend. He added that the two haven’t spoken recently.
“I’m focused on this Detroit Lions baby, I ain’t doing nothing else. I’m worried about getting us right,” he said.
Onto the rest of your notes.
- Recently, Naomi Osaka withdrew from the French Open and spoke on the toll situations around the sport take on her mental health. Detroit Free Press’ Carlos Monarrez relates this important issue to both the Lions and his own personal experiences.
- It’s no secret the Lions still have a lotta needs. About a week out from mandatory minicamp, The Athletic’s Chris Burke ranks those needs by position group. (Subscription required.)
- CBS Sports’ Cody Benjamin selected one non-quarterback player from each team who could be deemed indispensable.
- Stats, stats, stats:
Most Total Pressures by #Lions player in each season since 2017:— PFF DET Lions (@PFF_Lions) June 3, 2021
2020: EDGE Romeo Okwara - 61 (T-9th among defenders)
2019: EDGE Trey Flowers - 62 (T-17th)
2018: EDGE Romeo Okwara - 39
2017: EDGE Anthony Zettel - 43#OnePride pic.twitter.com/HakSFAq160
- This is a pretty common storyline but I always enjoy reading what writers have to say — Jeff Okudah was selected as one of 10 players under pressure to perform in their second year.
- You’ve probably seen the pictures of Dan Campbell sporting the racing helmet to show his appreciation for being selected as Grand Marshal of the Belle Isle Grand Prix. Unsurprisingly, non-local media prefers that we are sad all the time. Keep these receipts.
- As the NFL hopes to expand its popularity worldwide, the league is reportedly gauging interest from German cities to potentially host regular-season games. That could mean NFL games at gorgeous stadiums like Allianz Arena in Munich, Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund or Olympiastadion in Berlin.