If you’ve been a fan for long enough, someone in your life has probably told you not to bet on the Detroit Lions.
But it may pay off big time for one bettor who has a shot at $736,959. According to BetMGM, a player placed a 16-leg parlay for $25 and managed to get the first 15 picks correct. Now he just needs one more win — the Detroit Lions must take down the Green Bay Packers tonight at Lambeau Field.
Check this out!— BetMGM (@BetMGM) September 20, 2021
One player is a WIN away from turning $25 to $736,959 on a 16 leg parlay
All he needs? The Detroit Lions to win at Lambeau Field tonight… pic.twitter.com/NOQblFCUu3
Because it’s a moneyline pick, Detroit needs to win outright. Meanwhile, the Packers are the -650 favorites to win over on BetMGM.
For those of you yelling RUN, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN — per The Athletic, the bet was free as a bonus for signing up with BetMGM so the bettor can’t cash out early with 15 of 16 correct picks.
Here’s to hoping boys in Honolulu blue come through.
And onto the rest of your notes.
- What makes Frank Ragnow so good? The Athletic’s Nick Baumgardner watched film with the star to figure it out. (Subscription required.)
- MNF will be a family affair this week for the St. Brown brothers. ESPN’s Eric Woodyard has a must-read on Amon-Ra and Equanimeous’ bond and how each brother got to where he is today.
- Dave Birkett has a great in-depth piece on how the Packers have managed to dominate the division for three decades, and how the Lions could possibly maybe potentially stop them. (Subscription required.)
- After reading all about the Packers’ reign, you might need a little pick-me-up to get psyched up for tonight. NFL.com put together their picks for the Lions’ top five greatest plays against Green Bay.
- In case you missed this over the weekend, the effervescent Jamaal Williams has started his own segment called “Jamaal That.” It is just as good as you think it is.
- Also in case you missed it, here’s an explainer that I certainly needed on what’s going on with a TikTok designer/(comedian maybe) and the “detriot lines.”
- NFL analytics expert Cynthia Frelund says in 56.1% of her simulations, the game is going over 48.5 total points. She found that since 2019, Aaron Rodgers is 6-0 with 16 touchdowns and no interceptions following a loss.