Lucas is one of the oldest prospects in this year’s draft class at 25 years old. He spent six seasons in college, five as a starter for the Sun Devils. Amazingly, Lucas will be the third-oldest cornerback on the Lions’ extremely young roster.
Lucas was named freshman All-American in 2017, but his career didn’t take of from there, as he never never matched the production of his first two years as a starter (18 combined passes defended and five touchdowns). He would only log one interception in the following three years.
In Detroit, he’ll have to fight for a roster spot in a crowded room. However, with decent measurables and plenty of experience, he could hit the ground running in Detroit. Last year the Lions started two undrafted rookies at cornerback for most of the season, so don’t rule out Lucas getting a legitimate shot.
Lions picks thus far
- Round 1, Pick 2 — EDGE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan
- Round 1, Pick 12 — WR Jameson Williams, Alabama
- Round 2, Pick 46 overall — EDGE Josh Paschal, Kentucky
- Round 3, Pick 97 overall — S Kerby Joseph, Illinois
- Round 5, Pick 177 overall — TE James Mitchell, Virginia Tech
- Round 6, Pick 188 overall — LB Malcolm Rodriguez, Oklahoma State
- Round 6, Pick 217 overall — EDGE James Houston, Jackson State
Top remaining needs for Lions:
Linebacker Safety Edge defender Edge defender Edge defender Wide receiver Tight end
- Defensive tackle