The Detroit Lions’ 2022 regular season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles is just under four weeks away. Like almost every single game this year, the Lions will play at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, and it is being broadcast by FOX.
Last week, FOX revealed their broadcast crew for the opening week of games, and the Lions drew the pairing of Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth, with Kristina Pink as the sideline reporter.
As pointed out by Awful Announcing, the pairing of Amin and Schlereth is a returning duo, but they did not call any Lions games last year.
This year, FOX is going through some changes with their broadcasting crew after losing both Troy Aikman and Joe Buck to ESPN’s “Monday Night Football,” and Aqib Talib joined “Thursday Night Football.” The remaining five FOX broadcasting crews are:
- Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi
- Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver
- Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake
- Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
- Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale
As of now, 13 of the Lions’ 17 regular season games are scheduled to be broadcast by FOX, with three covered by CBS. Their season finale against the Packers is still to be determined. To check out a glance at the CBS broadcasting crews, click here.
- The Lions mic’d up Jamaal Williams for the Ford Field Family Fest scrimmage, and it is just as good as it sounds. Come for the deep explanation of anime show “One Punch Man,” stay for him telling jokes to an unimpressed offensive line.
- Dan Campbell talked about his experiences in joint practices both as a player and a coach—and how that has guided how he’ll prepare for this week vs. the Colts.
- Before Tuesday’s “Hard Knocks” episode, the HBO series dropped a preview, showing Dan Campbell fired up for the team’s preseason opener:
- If our 53-man roster prediction wasn’t enough for you, there are also predictions from MLive, the Detroit News, and The Athletic.
- Enjoy Malcolm Rodriguez tossing an offensive lineman:
Malcolm Rodriguez shooting the gap, and then tossing a 300-pound lineman for fun. pic.twitter.com/qGtm2S3Vl4— Jeremy Reisman (@DetroitOnLion) August 13, 2022
- If you’re a fantasy football fan, our friends at DK Nation put together a massive 2022 fantasy football preview that is must-read.