By now, you’ve probably heard all of the insane records that Detroit Lions wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown has set in his young NFL career. Just during Sunday’s win over the Washington Commanders, St. Brown accomplished the following:
- Became the 3rd NFL WR ever to reach 100 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs and 50 rushing yards
- Tied the NFL record for most consecutive eight-catch games (eight)
- Set the NFL record for most consecutive games with eight catches and a touchdown (six)
- Became the third NFL player in history 22 years or younger to have six straight games with a touchdown reception (joining Randy Moss and Rob Gronkowski).
- Tied the franchise record for most consecutive games with a touchdown catch (six)
- Became the third player in franchise history to produce 4 catches, 70 yards and a receiving TD in the first quarter of a game
Making your marks in the record books is one thing. Gaining the respect of your peers is another. In the middle of St. Brown’s historic day, former Lions wide receiver Golden Tate couldn’t help but give it up for the Sun God.
“Sky is the limit for @amonra_stbrown,” Tate tweeted on Sunday afternoon. “Dude is an up and coming [star emoji] if one doesn’t already consider him one.”
That’s high praise coming from Tate, a Pro Bowler who once caught 99 passes for 1,331 yards in a season for the Lions and was deemed the “YAC King” in Detroit.
After the game, in which the Lions won 36-27, St. Brown saw the tweet and responded.
Game recognize game.