In case you didn’t know, we have a Pride of Detroit YouTube channel that has a ton of original content that doesn’t always make the site. One new feature this year is weekly film breakdowns where Meko Scott and Morgan Cannon provide analysis for the biggest and most notable plays from the previous matchup. It’s a nice complement to the film breakdowns that both Morgan and Andrew Kato provide on the written side.
Here’s a quick list of the five plays they highlighted this week:
- David Montgomery’s 42-yard touchdown run to give the Lions a quick 7-0 lead
- Aidan Hutchinson’s one-handed interception early in the game
- Jerry Jacobs’ impressive interception, highlighting his improvement as a zone defender
- A 9-yard run from the Panthers that showed a small lapse in Detroit’s typically-stout run defense
- Craig Reynolds’ flashy 17-yard run to help clinch the game
Meko and Morgan do a great job displaying all the little nuances of each play and crediting individual players for their performances.
Check out the video below, and if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel that just crossed over 10,000 followers!