The Detroit Lions are taking on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday in a game that was flexed into the 4:30 p.m. ET spot so the national audience could enjoy a battle between two first-place teams.
“Tampa’s playing good football right now, 3-1,” Lions coach Dan Campbell said of the Buccaneers. “I’ve coached with (Buccaneers coach) Todd Bowles at Miami, known him a long time. I think he’s an excellent coach. He’s doing a great job out there. Playing good defense, they’re committed to the run on offense. (Buccaneers QB) Baker (Mayfield)’s playing good football. They’re plus-seven in the turnover ratio, which has been big for them. They’re converting on third down. Defensively, they’re stingy in the red zone, so we’ve got our hands full. This is a damn good opponent, so. But we’re looking forward to it, we’re looking forward to it. Our guys will be ready to go and this is day one.”
Here’s what you need to know ahead of this game, along with all the details on how to watch/listen/stream, and more.
Here are a few articles that may interest you ahead of this game:
- Opening Odds: Lions road favorites against 1st-place Buccaneers
- The Honolulu Blueprint: 5 keys to a Lions victory over the Buccaneers
- On Paper: Lions vs. Buccaneers preview, prediction
- Week 6 scouting report: Are the Buccaneers as good as their record?
- 5 Questions Preview: Tampa’s turnovers fueling their hot start
- Pride of Detroit’s YouTube feed includes video previews for this week’s game
- Preview Podcast: How Detroit’s defense can slow Baker Mayfield
Injury news and updates
- Lions Week 6 injury designations: Sam LaPorta questionable, Jahmyr Gibbs OUT
- Moseley has torn ACL, his season is over
- Zonovan Knight’s shoulder injury is expected to be season-ending
- Emmanuel Moseley, Zonovan Knight placed on Injured Reserve
- Khalil Dorsey was activated from injured reserve, Dan Skipper was signed to the active roster, and Devine Ozigbo elevated from the practice squad
- Lions sign CB Anthony Averett and TE Anthony Firkser top practice squad
Worth your time
- Detroit Lions mailbag: When are extensions coming for Jared Goff, Jonah Jackson?
- PODcast exclusive: Our interview with Amon-Ra St. Brown
Week 6: Detroit Lions at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Date: Sunday, October 15, 2023
Time: 4:25 p.m. ET — FLEXED TIME
Location: Raymond James Field, Tampa, Florida
Online streaming: NFL+ Premium (Replay)
TV announcers: Adam Amin, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket (full list of radio affiliates here)
Radio announcers: Dan Miller, Lomas Brown, T.J. Lang
Betting line: Lions -3, per DraftKings Sportsbook
Broadcast Map: Courtesy of 506 Sports