Part of what has been a wonderful surprise during this new Lions' regime is being surprised with just how good things have gone. I love the aggressive play calling and all the surprises they've generated. I love the draft day trades and the great picks that have seemed to be a surprise to everyone. I can't help but think that something good is going to happen and it's just around the corner almost every day.
That feeling is what I think is really what's the most different from ever before. Just being surprised and optimistic is really different from what I've felt about the Lions for a long, long, long time.
I can't help but hope for more favorable surprises. What could happen yet next? What would surprise me more than ever? Here's some things I'd love to see:
1. DC named Coach of the Year;
2. BH named GM of the Year;
3. Lions in the Super Bowl;
4. Lions winning the Super Bowl;
5. Not one, not two, but maybe five or six or even seven Lions named to the PRO BOWL;
6. Not one, not two, but maybe four or five Lions named ALL PRO;
7. Bryan Branch named DROY;
8. Jahmyr Gibbs named OROY;
9. Lions leading the league in sacks;
10. Lions leading the league in offensive scoring;
11. Lions leading the league in fewest yards allowed;
12. Lions leading the league in interceptions;
13. Lions having not one, not two, but as many as four first team All Rookies;
14. Lions having all players healthy and available to play by game 14;
15. Lions drafting yet another starter before next season;
16. Lions signing another key free agent before next season;
17. Lions getting favorable ref calls that are technically wrong;
18. Lions breaking ground on a new training camp headquarters where up to 40,000 fans can visit each day;
19. Lions being the talk of the league as to where everybody would like to play;
20. Lions re-signing DC and BH for the next 10 years, with their coordinators saying they'd never want to go away too!